Monday, April 10, 2006

Random Ramblings

I hate off days, but today's was just made the best off day ever with the announcement that DLee has finally been signed. Hazaaa.... seriously, I'm extatic.

In a Cubs.com article, Hairston is already starting to bemoan the 2nd base situation. You had to see that coming. Although I can't stand Neifi starting, he has more bench value than hairston because he can play more positions and switch-hits.

I'm not so much worried about the situation turning ugly, but it could turn into a waste of resources when we could possibly package hairston or walker along with Hill/Guzman for a solid #2** starter. (**Insert poop joke here) I hate these seasons where its "Wait for Prior and Wood" and then they come back for like two combined starts, go back on the shelf and we've lost any possible trading positioning we had earlier in the season. I still don't trust Williams or Williamson, so get another starter, have Rusch be the swing man, and option the Williamsonses to the grounds crew.

Anyways, I'm going to raise a glass to Hendry and DLee and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home