Monday, March 20, 2006

Question Marks Hurt My Brain

I'm a Cub fan, and always will be. Hence the constant bitching, moaning, and frequent ulcers. I've never followed another baseball team, ever. So here's my question, do all fans of all teams go through this feeling of hopelessness, despair and anxiety in the middle of march? or is this just a Hendry, Dusty, Rothschild, Mark O'Neal created problem.

Really, i'm dying to know. The question marks are too many to count, but here's just a few. and just for kicks, I'll put in parenthases who I think is to blame. (Unlike the Bush administration, I LOVE TO PLAY THE BLAME GAME)

Who will be the 5th starter? (Hendry, Dusty, Roth.)
Why didn't the cubs sign another starter over the offseason, or look for one quickly now? (Hendry)
Who will be the every day 2b? (Hendry, Dusty)
How long will it be until Wood and Prior are off the DL? (Roth./ O'neal)
Why is Larry Rothschild still the Pitching coach..... See Chad Fox, Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Carlos Zambrano's "Internet Elbow" etc? (Dusty, Hendry)
Why does it sound and feel like Murton and Cedeno will lose way too much playing time to Mabry and Neifi? (Dusty, Hendry)

The most glaring problem I'm beginning to see is Rothschiled as a pitching coach. Clearly his "programs" and "workouts" are doing way more harm than good. At some point, Hendry and Macphail have to realize that this guy is killing their investments. If I sucked as much at my job at Rothschild does at keeping pitchers healthy, I would have been fired ummm. maybe the 2nd or third time Prior visited the DL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home