Sunday, December 04, 2005

Year of the Quarterback

I'll take a break from my normal ranting about the cubs "offseason aquisitions". Can we really call any of them "deals"?

Though the addition of Mabry is a good idea, now how bout two outfield STARTERS

Okay, enough of that.

has anyone thought about how many good quarterbacks there are this year. I mean, maybe its just cause i'm a bit "altered" right now, and all of you are gonna be like "dude, we've known that for a long time" but whatever, I gotta get it down.

In my opinion, the mid-late 80's was the erra of great QB's. I'll list just a few

Marino, Montana, Elway, Essiason, Simms, Kosar, and just a bit later Farvre and Young. I think we could all agree that those were the best of that generation's QB's. Give or take a few. So what's that? 8, 10 topps.

Now just look at some of the top notch qb's this year. and I'm not talking abou the most prolific, but the teams where the QB is the 1st or 2nd best player on the team.

Manning, Manning, Rothlesburger, Brady, Palmer, Mcnabb (before injuries), Brees, Vick, Plummer. So there we have 9 quarterbacks having either really good Seasons, or in the middle of Dominant careers. ** Also receiving votes (but not serious votes) Kyle Orton, Joey Harrington, Bledsoe and Farvre (hehe)

Could we be looking at the dawning of another QB era? Am I just blanking on all of the 90's. Does Bret Farvre really suck?? All of these can be answered by you.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger CCD said...

Could you imagine if the Bears had a QB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home