Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Patterson in Right?? Wrong

I just read on Trib Page and Cubs.com that the cubs are thinking about trying Patterson in right. Now before I cry myself to sleep, (which I've been doing quite recently lately) I thought I'd paste in my posting from just about a month ago when it looked certain that we'd be getting furcal. Keep in mind, this is BEFORE the Marlins Dumped Delgado, Furcal Went To LA, Bradley Got Traded, and now Pitcher Javier Vasquez has just gone to the South Siders. Maybe my "letter" shouldn't have gone to Hendry as much as the Trib. Co. Clearly this guy does not know how to build a winner and when he's on the cusp of having a winner, ala '03, does not know how to close the deal in the offseason. So, here it goes, then I'm off to bed.

One last thought, how come its the opinion of most of those in the blogosphere that Kkorey doesn't have the arm for right but not of Dusty, Hendry or these two writers? Seriously I'm asking, has it been proven that he doesn't, or is it just opinion? Also, it seems that most of you don't really want Jaque Jones, and after looking closer at his numbers, I'm not as hopefull for his coming to chicago, but even if he and Kkorey have similar offensive numbers, I'd take jones just for the defensive aspect. Jones seems to have a really good feel for that position and has made some incredible plays. and didn't KPat have a ball bounce off his head last year??

The Below was Written on Nov. 13

So now its Hot Stove League TIme. 3 days ago Peter Gammons reported that Furcal was definitely going to the Cubs and that it'd be done relatively quickly. Well the latest on Chicago sports.com indicates that the Cubs may not be willing to give him the money he wants. But hey they have resigned walker and neifi to two year contracts. The Cubs should just chance their Motto to, "why pay for 5 years of an all star SS when, we can get an average short stop for half the time" In fact, if you look closer at that Articleon Cubs. Com Hendry says

""We've got a lot of priorities," he said Tuesday. "We've got a lot of things that need to get better. If you start prioritizing early, then it will not enable you to get a guy like [Derrek] Lee."

In other words, "we Got lucky with Derek Lee, so if we do the smart Needed thing early, we many not get lucky late" I don't know about Hendry, but I'd rather be good than lucky and to me that one statement shows how Sub-Par of a GM he really is. YOU DON"T WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO CALL YOU WHEN YOU NEED 4-5 NEW POSITION PLAYERS!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home