Friday, July 22, 2005

NEW POLL: So, What Next?

Hear that?? That's the sound of the Cubs season's last couple of Gasps. No amount of medication or Alcohol could get me excited about the upcoming Cardinal series and I have a sinking suspicion that nothing good can ever come of it. They might want to Rest all their Starters plus Dlee and Aram just for percautionary measures. But after the performances of the last two nights, I think we can safely declare this team a playoff "Pretender".

SO I've read a couple postings about what to do next and the action I can get behind is Getting rid of everyone except: PRior, Z, Dlee, and ARAm. I think you could make a good argument that Barret could be included in that bunch, but I for one would be fine with that. THink of the YOUNG talent we could fetch for a Todd Walker, or even a Greg Maddux at the Deadline. SO I've kept the old Poll up.

The more I think about it, the more I see teams like Oakland and Atlanta constanly be able to reload and reload, and the way the White Sox were able to make such "Smart" moves. (that last statement pains me) I think Hendry should be, and might already be on the Hot Seat. The Failure of the Patterson project, as documented by The Cub Reporter, shows a systemic failure that may have tainted more than just a few of our highly talented position players. But I think we can build around this team:

Prior
Zambrano
Mitre

Barret
Ramirez
Lee
Cedeno
Murton, but the question remains, does the Trib.Co care that much to make a Grand Overhaul, or will we stay constantly bombarded by failure and excuses, as has become the norm this year.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tom said...

I don't know what Todd Walker's getting, but I'd try to re-sign him if at all possible. He's a great clubhouse leader, and that's what the team needs when they have Dusty as their nominal leader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home