Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Woozy Wednesday ;p

Alert to all cubs players>>>>>>Contrary to popular belief, the runs you score one night do not carry over to the next day. To me this game was lost in the first inning. The CUBS guess right, Dusty does the RIGHT thing, and Barret one-hops the throw on the pitch out, then, bfore the Cubs can even settle down, Pierre has stolen third and scored on a grounder.

HELLO Mr. Hendry, were you watching. If this series has not made it blatantly clear that the Cubs NEED to find that prototypical leadoff hitter, then I dont' know what will. I don't know if anyone remembers how the Cubs took off in '03 after picking up Lofton, but I sure as hell do. Neifi seems to be cooling off, though I am still enamoured with his defense. Hairston can cause havoc on the basebaths, but usually for himself, and KKKorey, well, you all know how I feel about him.
(BTW, did anyone notice Brenley's sort of Back Door insult of Patterson last night, saying that he doesn't change his approach regardless of where in the Lineup he's hitting. To me, that sounded kinda like a shot at KKorey, but Brenley disguised it enough to confuse Korey and not piss off dusty too much)

So, who are some Leadoff hitters out there?
I've got, Lofton, Kotsay, and I'm pretty sure the Marlins won't be dumping Pierre anytime soon unless they start to go in the tank.
(BTW part 2, where the hell were these blisters when Beckett was tearing up the Cubs in the LCS??) I'd love to call it Karma, but he still got to win a World Series, so its some kind of Reverse Backwards Cubs Karma a la Greg Maddux 1990-2003, Mark Grace 2001, Nomah '04-'05. These are just to name a few, I'm sure you guys can think of other examples. Okay, if I don't stop typing soon, I'm just going to give myself an Ulcer. So, off to Gotham they Galantly travel.

Over/Under on Walks Zambrano allows: 5 and I'll take the over. What happened to the "Calmer More Mature Carlos". Maybe he should spend less time thinking up nicknames for himself, and maybe, just maybe, Dempster should pass by Z's locker when he's handing out the Red Bull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home