Saturday, June 18, 2005

Saturday Sux

I'm going to stop posting mid-game because it makes me too mad to either be right or wrong. Unfortunately, I was right on two counts, but since I'm an eternal pessimist, it didnt' make me feel any better because it meant that the cubs lost the game. (# of walks Z gave up, not pulling z before the 7th)
Maybe Dusty was confused by the pitch count. Maybe he thought that every time the cubs turn double play, the 4 balls that preceeded it don't count. Whatever the case may be, on a day when clearly Zambrano was not on his game, and a day that the bullpen was plenty rested, there he was out there to start the 7th and at that point, I didn't even have to watch, I new how it was going to end. OF course I watched anyway because I like to torture myself.

Why does Dusty continue to trust his starters when they cannot be trusted. What might have worked was Wellemeyer working the 7th, Wuertz Working the 8th and Dempster in the 9th. Instead he leaves Z in to face the top of the Lineup. Sheffield doubles, then A rod takes a hanger back up the middle. So instead of 0 out, 0 on and a 2 run lead, now dusty's tapping his young bullpen with 1 out, 1 man on, and a 1 run lead, IN YANKEE STADIUM and up comes Matsui, a professional hitter, and we all know how it ended from there.

I think we all know that this is Dusty's last year in Chicago. Maybe we could get TB to throw in Huff with Uncle Lou and then we'd have something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home