Monday, June 13, 2005

The Pitch is Up..... AND......

I know that making this post after the game shows that I have the clairvoyance of a phsychic with amnesia, but I just knew Wakefield was gonna be rough on the cubs. I mean, I think Kkkkkkorey actually swung at and missed the same pitch three times before it hit the catchers Mit. With an offense that has exhibited the patience of a 12 yr. old with ADD, any pitcher who's main attribute is that his pitches are slow and they go up and then down, I think we all should have expected what happened tonight.

What wasn't expected was the Cubs sub-par pitching performance. I believe that was the first time Rusch allowed more than Two ER's in his starts. I agree with the fact that we shouldn't be carrying so many pitchers. None of the relievers except for Wuertz are really sharp because they're all sharing playing time with each other. Though, I don't know exactly who they could bring up for the bench.

Hopefully the Marlins will stay mediocre until they leave chicago and the Yankees will all be in therapy by the time the cubs invade the bronx. This stretch of games is turning out to not be so bad. If they can keep taking 2 of three, should be in good shape. Let's see how Koronka does against a team that will make him throw strikes.

BTW, the reds sent Kearns down. Think they'd give him to us for Macias? Think hendry could pull that one off without giggling and blowing the whole thing??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home