Friday, June 17, 2005

I Just Don't Know....

Trade rumors abuzz and none of the rumored deals are ones I can get behind. The last BIG, mid-season impact move made by Hendry was for Lofton/Ramirez two years ago. Yes he got Lee for Choi but since then, his trades have either been "over-predicted" a-la Nomah, or dump-jobs a-la Lablow and Farnsy..(BTW, does anyone miss that guy? I kinda do. HE'S always had a place in my heart ever since his Body Slam of Paul Wilson in '03)

I dunno what to say, I just have an uneasy feeling and I don't know why. Something is missing on this team, but unfortunately, I think its too much. I've now gone from thinking that all they needed was one more outfielder, especially one that could lead off, to thinking that they also need another starter, and long-reliever. Of course, if they get another starter, and Wood/Prior actually can stay off the DL, then they can put Rusch back into long relief where he's always excelled.

I think, despite my best efforts, that Jim will keep KKKK Pat, but I also think he will get another corner outfielder thus (hopefully) making the bench stronger w/ Holly, however, he might even be able to get one more quality Bench guy.
But I think we're stuck with the Pitchers we have. Maybe Jerome williams will be the fix we're looking for, and maybe Wood's "new mechanics" will actually keep him good and in the Rotation the rest of the year, but if the first 2.5 monts have been indicator, we won't know how this season is going to end until the season ends. Until then, here's to hoping that they can lay a pounding on the Yanks just to make us all feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home