Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday Frenzy!!!

Its Finally FRIDAY!!!! I was bummed being at work during today's Whooping but it was nice to see. I remember looking at the Cubs upcoming schedule before the Padres series and just getting nauseaus, but It hasn't been that bad. So far they're 5-3 vs. the Pads, Jays and Sox. And given the way the cubs were playing back then, I would have gladly paid good money to go 5-3 against those three teams. I thought it was pretty funny how fast everyone got back on the Bad Season Bandwagon after that 4-6 loss to the Jays. Wow, one game and the cubs turn-around is a fluke huh?? But it wasn't just that winning streak. I'd have to check, but I think that the cubs have had the Best record in baseball over the past month. A month ago, that 4-6 loss wouldn't have looked so bad, it would have looked normal. Just think back to how TERRIBLE these guys were in the beginning part of May.

Three positive things that can't be disputed-
1. Lee is quietly staying Hot but is hasn't mattered cause the rest of the Lineup is improving.
2. Ramirez is heating up just when the word is getting out about Lee
3. Barret is coming out of his slump in a big way!!!

Three trade needs:

1. Get rid of Patterson- don't care who they get in return, but i'd like to See WILLY MO or Griffey Jr. (I really like the Name WILLY MO) I also liked someone's idea of grabbing Kotsay from the A's
2. Starting Pitcher- Did anyone see the bandage on Wood's arm after his SIM Game?? You cannot tell me that's normal. I know that when Wood and Prior come back they'll have one of the Best rotations in the league, but that statement just gives me Deja Vu and I'm the one typing it!! Pick up one proven veteren who can always double as a swing-man. Maybe even another young Stud. Ie. Chacon from the Rockies. Who to trade?? I dunno. Remlinger, Macias, Hairston, Koronka.
3. One more proven Bench Player- I liked someone's idea of getting Matt Stairs. Refresh my memor, wasn't he on the CUBS once before?

Other than that, I think the cubs are in great Position to make a run on the Cardinals (if they can beat them head to head this year) and definitely could run away with the Wild card with the NL east teams Beating up on each other. But they'll need more parts if they're serious about going deep in the Playoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home