Sunday, June 26, 2005

Anxious Feeling

Today's Prior return has been having me anxious all week. (i understand, I need to get a life) Well, he passed the first test and his arm didn't fall off after the first pitch. haven't written lately because I've said it all before. I cannot get over this lineup, especially the 1-2 hitters. I've said it, most of you have said it. Clearly Dusty doesn't know that the CBA exists and also isn't quite clear on how RBI's work. People need to be ON BASE to score. Poor D Lee might as well just take a walk every time up, at least that way Aramis can knock him in and maybe He'll win the batting title.

So, my next plan is to have all of us in the CBA write dusty a letter a day. "Fan Mail" if you will, with only one sentance.

"Hey Dusty, I can strike out 4 times every game, I think I'm ready to bat leadoff".

Hairston is Being Under-Utilized as well as Walker. I'd have to look it up but Walk has got to be one of our leaders in walks. So who's he getting on base for? Holly and Barrett.?

Like I said, its all been said, resaid, hashed and rehashed. My only question is, why isn't the Media getting on dusty any more? Maybe they are on Chicago talk radio, but I'm talking about the WGN guys, (wait, i know the answer to that), and ESPN? Harold reynolds goes on and on about how everyone loves to play for him. Has he asked Jerry Hairston, or Chad Fox how much they LOVE playing for dusty? I jsut saw them interviewing Sarge Matthews about Patterson and he said he's "excited" about the lineup and the Sox announcers were talking as if Patterson leading off was a good thing. They had to be chuckling to themselves after that interview. Maybe Ozzie, after today's game will talk with dusty and give him some advice about OBP, Walks, and the stat of RBI.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Graham said...

I mean if they keep playing Corey, while he continues to fail, without even trying anything else to fix it, what sort of message does that send to the team? Don't worry, you'll get your AB's. We don't care about winning.

Well, he did just actually walk and steal second base in the bottom of the fifth.

But should he really be leading the team in AB's? Much less leading off?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home