Sunday, May 22, 2005

Addition by Subt-errrrrr-action

What is the front office waiting for, and what is dusty waiting for. This team has proven, that when confronted with crapping or getting of the pot, crapping is clearly not the viable option. Its time to admit that for whatever reasons, bad offseason moves, injuries, etc... the season is not going to turn around. I'm sorry, but Todd Walker and an oft-injured Wood are not going to save the season. So we need to take some of our spare parts and trade them for some quality parts.

Here's my list of players we could live without who, if we move soon, could get some good value for:

Ryan Dempster- Still hasn't convinced me he can close out a game without walking the bases loaded first.
Latroy Hawkins- I thought that Dusty had agreed never to put him in in the 9th especially at wrigley. This guy just needs a change of scenery and Hendry needs to supply it for him.
Jose Macias- The bag of sunflower seeds we could get for this guy would be worth it.
Jerry Hairston Jr. - Its tough to just throw away the guy we got for sosa, but he's not providing the "spark" we thought he would and yesterday got his 2nd RBI of the year. I'd have to say that that's a trade the Orioles won out on. Did I mention we're still paying Sammy?


Other Subtractions that need to happen now- The Trib. Co at some point will start to realize that Hendry is in love with spending their money on Damaged goods. Has anyone checked to see if he buys his groceries at flea markets. Bring in someone who can accurately place value on players, and no, having had Tommy John Surgery is not a plus

Larry Rothschild- I don't know what this guy does other than gets pitchers injured. I'm not sure if its that he and Dusty don't see eye to eye but something just seems off here.

Dusty Baker- I've been on and off the Fire Dusty bandwagon all season long, but I think it's time to give credit where credit is due and then go our seperate ways. Yes, gone are the days of the "Loveable Losers" tag, now they are hardly even loveable. No one is playing with any sort of passion or energy, and just listening to dusty talk puts me to sleep, how am I supposed to assume that its any different in the clubhouse. SOmeone needs to light a fire under these guy's asses and I'm not sure dusty could light a fire on the surface of the sun. Thanks for bringing us to the brink, now we need someone who's not going to sit Idly by as the team wallows in mediocrody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home