Saturday, April 23, 2005

When It Snows, It Sucks

I'm bummed. And not just because they blew the game, but because I was really excited about how they battled, and mostly, I was really excited about posting something positive. It would have been so great. Patterson, the "goat" from the 7th inning comes through with a clutch HR when it matters most. It really would have been so refreshing after the crappy week that was. Then comes in Latroy.

I'm not going to bash him for his performance, because that's been done, but he said soemthing in Spring Training which should have tipped Hendry and Dusty off that he wasn't the guy to close. You may or may not remember it, but he said something to the extent of "I Like setting up better because there's room for error". Not only did he say what he liked doing better, but he used the Phrase "room for error". That's not something you want your closer thinking about. Honestly, you don't want really want him thinking anything except how to get three outs. I don't know what the solution is, But I know what I'll read from Dusty on cubs.com, that there is no problem.

Other thoughts: I like this Dubois kid, he seems like he could be real good sometime soon. I also liked the Bears lineup. Perez behind Barrett seemed good. Gives Barret a little bit of protection, not always being in front of the pitcher, and Perez is someone who can move a guy over, move over himself, and wreak some sort of "mini havoc" while the pitcher is up. Hairston - Patterson- Lee sems like a nice combo too. Is Ramirez swinging and missing a lot more this year than I remembered. Someone should tell him he already signed the contract and to relax. Oh wait, Baker wouldn't want to bruise his ego either would he?

In other news, I like the Bears first round pick. Benson seems like a solid Bet, but then again, so did Rashaad Salaam and Curtis Enis. Same type of backs too, which is a bit troubling. But I digress. Maybe the snow at the game was just an homage to draft day, or a predictor of the cubs season to come. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home