Sunday, April 24, 2005

Game Log +

Thought I'd just write my thoughts as they came today, rather than worry about jinxing anybody..

Top 1st- Ump looks to be squeezing wood a bit. Man Barret is good. You can go ahead and say that each runner thrown out, is like taking a run away. Even if its 1/2 a run that's still 4 "rbi's"

Does anyone like these new announcers? they sound like substitiute announcers, just kinda filling in. It doens't feel like they even like the cubs. Didn't they get rid of Stone and Carray cause they weren't "Homer" enough. These guys don't have any opinion on anything, except it seems like Brenley really likes himself.
... oh, and i noticed a typo from my posting yesterday. that's what i get for thinking about the Bears when I'm writing about the cubs...I meant that I liked the Cubs lineup and the Bears draft pick.

Bottom 1st- Interesting lineup today. I'm curious about this Cedeno kid but we'll see if he can take more pitches than Corey. Man, Neifi is hot, and look at that, the best hitter on the team not trying to pull the ball and moving the runner over. Maybe Aramis and Burny will take notice. I'm just hoping Aramis can take some pitches... and after 1 inning Runners Left ISP=1

Top 2nd- wood seems to be falling off to the left a bit. Something he was doing three years ago that got him in a major funk. Drops a double play chance, so there's another out he'll need to get.
Damnit! whenever he gets in a Jam, instead of going with a hard breaking pitch, he just grooves one middle in, and that's what happens
After 1 1/2 Innings pitt 2 cubs 0

I'm going to log off now cause I don't want t sit and write negative things for 2 straight hours, and at the rate the cubs are swinging at first pitches, 2 hours might be a generous estimate.

So, here's to hoping they'll get hot before the Pirates leave town!

Holy COW!! Neifi takes one out against the wind. What an inning! The guys locked in on William's mediocre fastball. I thought burnitz's ball had no chance, just as in Major League, "it looked too high".

So, we'll see if woody can hold on to this one, and I'm dying to see what dusty will do with a lead in the ninth. I'm hoping for Wuertz but we'll see.

Damnit this sucks, I have to go, so unless they go into WAY extra innings, I'll be getting the score on my cell phone, also a pretty cool invention, but lately its been quite depressing, almost mocking me it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home