Sunday, April 24, 2005

Final Sunday Musings

Whewww... I left the house after the Cubs Half of the 7th. I hate leaving in the middle of the game cause I can't see what's going on. Its weird, I feel more uneasy when I leave when they have the lead. (hmm, i wonder why). I've had some bad experiences with it. Last monday when It looked like they'd power ahead and stay ahead of the reds, I had to do some work stuff after like the 6th. Boom, phone buzzes on my way home, and the reds have won. DOH. The worst case of this was last may. I'm sure you all remember it. it was the double header against the pirates. I'm not sure but I believe this is the day Borrowski blew both by giving up a HR, but nevertheless, I was in the car listening to one of the two endings when it happened. I don't know why, but as much as it depresses me, i need to see these things happen, mostly because of the. "How did they....what the hell....NO!" factor.

So needless to say, today I was not in a good mood to have to be leaving. I wanted to see what happened in the ninth. Who dusty brought in, how the crowd reacted, etc...So the time between I left and when my phone finally buzzed me witht he results was not pleasant. I kept thinking, waiting for my phone to buzz, "what is taking so long. Well, the pirates must have tied it up and now they're in extras, hey maybe they'll still be playing when I get back home" Yeah, its an illness and I should seek help, but at least I always have 4 months to recover). And then finally, my phone goes off, and I see the score, 5-2 and I can rest easy again, at least for the next 24 hours or so. Of course tomorrow's their first night game, and I'm at work the whole time. What can I say, thank god for RR breaks and MLBTV.Com

I'm watching the Bulls game, haven't really been able to up till this point. Isn't it exciting to see playoff basketball on that court again. Ahh, the memories. And how could you not like this team. I'm gonna go now and watch the end of it, plus I wanna see if gammons has anything to say about the cubs. Have a good week, and Let's go for Two in a ROW!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home