Saturday, April 30, 2005

Feelin' Good

Maybe its cause the cubs have won three straight and 4 out of their last 5. Maybe its because LaTroy saved one yesterday, or cause Maddux got his first victory of the year over his toughest competition. Or maybe its cause its my birthday and I'm a little drunk right now...

either way, I'm feelin' good. Listen, the Cardinals are not going to stay this hot. Now having said that its also probably important to mention that neither are Neifi Perez or Derek Lee. But I think the cardinals lineup will get the injury bug sooner or later and that's when the cubs can make-up ground. I mean, to think that with the injury problems combined with Bullpen issues and they're still 2+ .500, we should all be feelin' pretty good. This is the kind of month that would have normally buried the cubs, but not this team. This team is finally starting to take pitches and making the opposing pitchers work, while at the same time playing decent defense to back up their own pictures. (except for that play yesterday by Ramirez on Clemens' dribbler. He so should have just picked that one up and gunned him out. I mean, last time I checked, Clemens wasn't burning anybody with his speed lately, why not try to throw him out and the upside is you're out of the inning and Tavares has to lead off the next inning. even if ramirez overthrows lee, chances are clemens is so winded after beating one out at first, he's not gonne be thinking about 2nd. Now you're in a doubel play situation sure, but you've also got one of the speediest guys batting. Tough one to double up) , but hey, if I was ever right about these things, I'd actaully have a career in baseball. For now, I can just revel in the fact that i'm a year older, and the cubs will definitley finish april above .500. I feel Wood coming on tonight, and no, i'm not being perverted, although that was a pretty funny thing to say. I say, complete game. 1 run allowed, and only 1 walk. 120 pitches.

hehe, dare to dream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home